Sunday, September 15, 2013

Update!

Lots of things have happened since the last post (yeah, it's only been a day and a half, but I've been busy!). Here are the highlights:

The fanny is such a fan of the 'Skers.

  1. The fanny and I went on some adventures. First we went to the Husker game versus UCLA. It was absolutely gorgeous weather out, so that was nice! And I got to have a great time with Beau and Lauren. Then the fanny and I also went mini golfing. We did not do as poorly as expected, however we did not win. 
  2. The beginning of Omaha Restaurant Week! Jackson Street Tavern is yummy. I recommend it! There's no photographic documentation of my dessert (goat cheese cheesecake) because I was too busy consuming it. ORW benefits the Food Bank of the Heartland, so it's nice to fight hunger while trying new restaurants. Tonight we are going to Plank to enjoy some seafood!
  3. Speaking of fighting hunger...Congress is considering cutting benefits to SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), so if you're into fighting hunger and activism, contact your representatives today and let them know you oppose the $40 billion cut. 
  4. Appetizer: Bacon-wrapped shrimp
    (minus the bacon) with grits.
  5. I submitted an abstract to the AMA Student Research Symposium a month or so ago. I found out Friday night that I was accepted to do a poster presentation in DC at the conference! Hooray! It's nice that I will have something to show on my résumé for the time I took off from school. I'm still finishing up one of my papers, so maybe I'll get to present that one too sometime!
I had several other adventures this weekend, but y'all don't want to read the minute details about my life. Now off to study for a few hours... 
Entree: Salmon, rice and green beans. 




No comments:

Post a Comment