Monday, September 23, 2013

Memphis....a photo blog

So I went to Memphis this weekend. It was fabulous. I don't have much time to write about how fabulous it was (it's test week!), so instead I'll just post some pictures instead. Yes, there are lots of pictures of food. Yes, I basically ate my way through the city. No, I don't want to hear your judgements about my poor eating habits!

Enjoy, my Memphis photo journey!
**Actually this is from Omaha Restaurant Week...
blackened catfish from Plank**


**Also from ORW at Plank...fruit cobbler in this cute little individualized cast iron**
**Megan's desert from Plank..chocolate squares, yum!**
My first rental car!

Central BBQ. Pulled Pork Nachos.
A gift from God.
Yes, I'm a vegetarian. And yes, I ate them.
And yes, they were absolutely delicious!
MUDDY'S!!!
BEST CUPCAKES EVER!

One of my favorite places to study!
Good food, good coffee. 
Breakfast of Champions!
Lil Momma's Special from Brother
Juniper's with cheesy grits.
AND a cupcake from Muddy's. 

Soul Fish got new cups!

Fish Tacos and Slaw. Soul Fish.
Pink lemonade in pretty "P" glasses for the Pippin wedding!
Appetizers:
Chicken skewers. Bruschetta. Cheese and fruit skewers.

Beautiful centerpieces!

Me likely this one!
Look who I found in Memphis!
Thanks for being my date, Lassie.
(Oh, and a BEAUTIFUL golf course behind us)
The cake!

Cake close-up.

The incredibly gorgeous bride.
So thankful to have been part of your day, Mrs. Pippin!
A few others that I got in there, but don't have photographic proof of:

  • Huey's Midtown for burgers.
  • Tour of the Southern College of Optometry.
  • Hanging out with my good friend Ginny and her beautiful kids. 
  • Yolo (frozen yogurt) with Jimmy!
  • 6:30 am Panera run with Rachel. 1.5 hours is not long enough to catch up with that one...
  • Watching The White Queen with Stacy. And bonding with her corgi Samantha.
  • Wedding Day brunch at Owen Brennan's with the ladies of the wedding party. 
I loved every second of my trip and already miss my second home. Thanks everyone for the quick visits to catch up. I wish school wasn't so darn time consuming so I could have stayed longer!

Exam Friday...back to the real world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment