Monday, September 9, 2013

post-test weekend

What does one do when they have nothing to study, you ask. Don't worry, I'm about to tell you all about how I spent my post-test weekend (and no, I did not preview...I'm not a gunner!).
Look at how glorious it is. So much shine!! :) 

  1. Birthday Party: Some of my previous classmates threw me a shindig (thanks Meredith and Annie!) There were quesadillas (every good party needs them, obviously), chips, dip, cupcakes and plenty of games! We even spent some time downtown. Lots of laughs were had. 
  2. Fanny Pack: I GOT A SILVER FANNY PACK FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!! It's absolutely awesome (thanks Megan and Sydney!). Of course, I wore it all Friday night after I got it. It's so handy! I have spent a embarrassingly large amount of time since then trying to figure out how much is too much when it comes to wearing the pack in public before I become that girl. I have not yet decided what the appropriate airing frequency is, but I'm sure it will be more than most people consider normal. 
  3. Setting the Table: So I'm on the World Hunger committee for the ECLA and we had an event this weekend. We brought in some awesome speakers and watched an incredible documentary (A Place at the Table) too. I'll blog on that later since it truly deserves a post all on its own. 
  4. Husker Game: I watched it. We won. 
  5. Family Reunion: My Mom's side of the family had a family reunion here in Omaha this weekend. Admittedly I was a bit nervous about it because I haven't seen many people in my Mom's side of the family in quite a few years, but it was so much fun! There were a handful of kiddos that decided I was an alien (unbeknownst to me) and wanted to cook alien soup to eat for dinner. Needless to say, it ended with a high speed chase throughout the house and yard--as it turns out, I'm not really in running shape when 6-7 children are chasing me. I managed to get ahead of them enough to hide underneath the dining room table. They continued to look for me for a solid 10 minutes before I moved locations and eventually gave myself up to the alien hunters. I could not stop laughing as they continually ran past me in search of the alien! As it turns out, sometimes those extraterrestrials are tricky and hide in the most obvious of places :) Oh and there was some yummy food there too! My family sure is pretty darn great!
  6. Grocery Shopping: It was more than necessary. I now have food and it is glorious. Thanks Mom and Dad for buying! 
  7. Things That Matter: I caught up with the gang and the most current episode of TTM. It was about the Setting the Table event, so I was a bit late to the party. But I love the Lisa/Mitch/Adam interactions nonetheless. 
It was a fun-filled weekend with just a dash of being a productive member of society. Now back to the school grind. Happy second week of September, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment