Monday, September 3, 2012

A Labor-less weekend


First off, a quick thank you to all of the day laborers that help to provide the goods and services that I all-too-easily take advantage of and forget to be thankful for. I hope that you got some time off this weekend to spend with your respective families. 

I survived my first exam! We won't find out our scores until late this week or the beginning of next week, so who knows how it actually went. It didn't seem too brutal though, which probably means it wasn't my best exam ever. Oh well, no use worrying over it now...it's done and over! 

This weekend I spent time at the lake with friends and also stopped by to see my parents on my way back to school. It was refreshing to see friends and family after a long, tiring week of studying. I drove the jet ski for the first time and my mom even baked a cake for me! Obviously I had a wonderful weekend based solely on those events. I spent so much time gasping for air and clutching my stomach as I laughed hysterically at the boys at the lake. Never a dull moment around them! I am so thankful to the Nevilles for continually inviting me back to spend time with them at their lake house! 

"testosterone-weekend"
This week we start the head and neck unit. I'm guessing that it will be really tough in lab, so please send up positive thought or two my way tomorrow mid-morning. We also learn about universal precautions tomorrow. After about 100 years of teaching HIV prevention education, I think I have a pretty solid understanding of them, so hopefully I don't get bored during that lecture. More updates to follow this week about lab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment