Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Long time, no post.

So it's been a while since my last post. It's test week, so I'm not going to take the time right now to fill you in on everything, but here's a little glimpse into what I've been doing today.

Facial nerve (cranial nerve 7) branches starting in the brain and going to their respective locations. Also, there's a bit of trigeminal nerve (cranial nerve 5) thrown in there.

This is the path of the glossopharyngeal nerve (cranial nerve 9). It seems less scary than the facial nerve because there are fewer branches; however, it still has motor, general sensory, parasympathetic and sympathetic fibers throughout its course. 

Pterygopalatine ganglion. One of my least favorite ganglia (collection of nerve cell bodies outside the Central Nervous System). 


Welp, that's basically what I've been doing with my life. Tonight we also had a practice practical to prepare us for this weekend's exam. I didn't do so well tonight, so I'll be spending more time in the lab tomorrow! Look for a longer post sometime this weekend when I will have more than a few minutes to spare for blog writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment