Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Suture Clinic

Today we had a skills practice day and learned how to tie square knots as well as put in simple interrupted stitches into a wound. Our wounds were provided by the generous donation from several pigs (their feet in particular). It was a pretty fun time!

I suppose all those years learning how to sew paid off...let's be real, I never sew anything. My mother is  FAR too good of a seamstress for me to actually do any sewing of any consequence

Here are some of my stitches. With pig skin, it's hard to get a consistent depth, but I tried.
Not bad for the first time trying! I may not have a (successful) career in plastics ahead of me though. 

Tonight is two nights before our exam so Megan and I are carbo-loading. Sushi tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment