Wednesday, May 25, 2016

my friends didn't go to the chapel, but they did get married

Mer + me @ Megan & Matt's wedding
The past two weekends have been filled with many emotions (mostly love and happiness) at the weddings of four of my favorite people in the world. [To be clear, there were two weddings with two people involved in the marrying process at each one...that last sentence could otherwise be confusing...] It was also a time to start saying goodbyes to some of my closest friends over the past 4 years.

I am so incredibly excited for both Megan and Matt as well as Sydney and Tom. It truly was an honor and a joy to be able to be present to celebrate their nuptials and upcoming adventures as husbands and wives while moving to new places to start residency. I could only hope to someday be so lucky to find a partner who loves me as much as the love shared in those relationships.

Megan and I were in classes together since our first semester at Hastings College, although we didn't really become friends until much later. She was my roommate during some of the hardest months of my life and somehow put up with me during it (and still claims to be my friend after!). I still remember the first time she told me about Matt while we were at Hastings College. And after their first date. I was also there for the first two years of med school where they put up with me being sort of a third wheel at some family-like dinners when Matt would come to visit. Matt is an amazing partner to Megan and has been a wonderful friend and support to me since the first time we met.

Megan & Matt's ceremony
first dance 
HC alums + one current student 


Julie(a) & Chelsi + me
<3   
so excited for the two of you!
Jill + me @ Megan & Matt's wedding

my UNMC family @ Megan & Matt's wedding

Sydney and I met at lunch on the very first day of orientation week because we shared a M2 buddy. We were both clueless as to what we had gotten ourselves into and I specifically remember that we were both really concerned about what school supplies we needed to get--binders or notebooks? Laptops...? I'm pretty sure Tom has his eye on her from the very first time he saw her, but instead she (very loudly) insulted his (disgusting) mustache during Movember and perpetually denied any possibility of them dating. Somehow from there (with a LOT of patience from Tom), they eventually began dating [took you long enough to figure it out, Squid]. Sydney joined Megan and I for pre-exam sushi dates and was a fellow TA with me for SMDEP. This past year I was able to work with Tom with Decreasing the Donor Deficit, one of the groups I work with as the Service Learning graduate student. I know that Tom is also a great partner for Sydney, they compliment each other well and Tom frequently keeps Sydney (and the rest of us) laughing.
Syd & Tom's ceremony
first dance
Megan + me @ Sydney & Tom's wedding
Tom made this quote wall with quotations
Syd put in cards to him. The last one was
asking her to marry him! 
Waiting ever-so-patiently to get a photo with
the couple while they talk to (more)
important guests.
so excited for the two of you! <3



































































I'm eternally grateful that I didn't need to say all of my goodbyes at the weddings and that they were able to be predominantly happy memories, but I know that I will miss these friends so very much. I look forward to staying in your guest rooms when I come visit Salt Lake City and Chapel Hill! <3 Thanks for the many hours of laughter and your friendship. Congratulations on being old married people now!

P.S. I hope your honeymoons are the bomb diggity right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment