Tuesday, April 19, 2016

#UNCSW60

Last year I went to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women with the ELCA Young Adult Cohort (you can read about my experiences here, here, here and here). If you want to learn even more, you can also read the ELCA Young Adult Cohort blog, which is a lot of people's reflections on their experiences at various years of CSWs. <---there's some powerful writing and observations in there. I highly suggest it as top notch blog reading material! 

I didn't go back for this year's CSW, but I have several friends who did (I also may possibly be Twitter stalking a few people that went that I didn't previously know, but I now have a bit of a cyber crush on...definitely a few people I want to be real-life friends with someday!). 

This year they made these incredible videos about their experiences as people of faith at CSW and in the world. They were edited/produced by Pastor Jason Chesnut out of Baltimore (The Slate Project...which works to re-imagine "church" in the 21st century by meeting online and in person). 

There's some good stuff in there. Altogether the videos are only 6.5 minutes, so you should definitely take the time to watch. I know for me it was a treat to watch the people I look up to make a difference in the world in their short time at CSW! I will admit to you all that I am incredibly proud to know these folks and be working alongside them in the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment