Sunday, September 28, 2014

4A Represent!

I'm so excited to announce that I am headed to Eagle Pass, TX in a few weeks to represent the Nebraska Synod ELCA (4A) and the ELCA World Hunger Committee at the Region 4 Consult meeting about Global Mission and World Hunger!

For those of you who don't know, I'm pretty passionate about hunger issues and have been on the ELCA World Hunger Committee here in Nebraska for 3 years now. Just yesterday morning we had a meeting and I met several of our new committee members and am so excited for the direction we are taking. Hunger is a terrible thing and although I'm not naïve enough to think that we will solve all the problems, even a little something is a start!

I'm excited to network and connect with other hunger advocates in the central US and also to worship with a congregation in Piedras Negras, a city in Coahuila, Mexico. I have no doubt that the trip will be quite the learning experience and also an adventure! Here goes nothing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment