Friday, October 30, 2015

Walk for Water: We did it!


I'm so excited to be able to share this...the fundraising campaign that we highlighted at the ELCA Youth Gathering this summer, reached it's goal of $500,000 (matched dollar for dollar) several weeks ago. (I'll let you in on a little secret...I definitely knew about it weeks ago, but couldn't post anything about it until it became public). This money will fund water projects supported by ELCA World Hunger in many countries which is super amazing. Watch the video and see how it went! I am honored to be even a teeny tiny part of this during my time in Chicago this summer. Lots of thanks to people that donated and many more thanks to my friends and colleagues who were behind the scenes making it happen. A special thanks to the ELCA family that is matching the donations also. Now it's time to celebrate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment