Monday, August 25, 2014

19th Grade

So actually I'm not sure how to qualify what "grade" I'm in. Do I count M1 year as one grade, even though I did it twice (effectively)? And because I'm not staying in medical school, I'm not even sure if that counts at all....?

Well anyway, today was the first day of my 19th year of schooling. HOLY BUCKETS! I must really love school or something! (I'll let you in on a little secret, I love school).

This semester I only have one class that actually meets in person. It's "Introduction to Maternal and Child Health". I had it this afternoon for just shy of 3 hours. I like it, but it's very different from medical school. It's much slower paced and I have to admit that I was a little bored. I'm very used to needing to process more information, more quickly in class, but I'm sure it will pick up pace once we don't have to do syllabus sorts of things.

My other two courses are online: Epidemiology and Health Behavior. I've already had to take a few quizzes, even before classes officially started! Yuck. We shall see how I like online classes...I'm sure they will be quite different from the two online classes I took at CCC after my freshman year at Hastings College (I just have this sneaking suspicion that graduate level online classes are harder than Composition 101).

It's also going to be a transition to not have every minute of my day scheduled with class or studying. The program I'm in is designed for working professionals, so most people are employed in some manner. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I will do, but I'm sure it will be something because I'm kind of already going stir crazy with the lack of things penciled in to my beautiful new planner. So if anyone is looking for an employee in the Omaha area, let me know! :)

It was a good day and now I must figure out when things are due for my online classes!

Yay books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment