Tuesday, July 1, 2014

End of the line.

It's been about 2 months since my last post. That's not to say that I haven't had lots going on, but all of that for other posts. Instead, this post is about something bigger in my life.

With lots of sadness and some outright fear of the unknown, I would like to announce that I have decided not to go back to medical school in the fall.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me along this journey. Thank you to the people who helped me get into medical school, my family and friends, the administration and professors at UNMC, Mr. Justin, and everyone else whom I've met along the way. It has been quite the adventure the past two years...definitely not how I had planned or hoped my medical school career going, but sometimes real life doesn't quite match the vision we have for ourselves.

As of right now, I am not sure what the next step is for me, although I have something in the works. I will be sure to update y'all if it comes to fruition. I do know that I will still be in Omaha for the next two years (I signed my soul over to CoxCommunications, so I'm sort of stuck here) and I am confident that I will find a vocation, and maybe even a career, that will allow me to be happy and fulfilled.

I am so proud of my friends who just completed their Step 1 USMLE tests and are getting a crash course in patient care before heading to the wards later this week. Good luck to my rising M2 friends during 2nd year and boards studying! Thank you all for inspiring me every day to be a better person and caregiver.

In other news, I'll be needing a new title for this blog, so shoot some my way if you've got 'em!

1 comment: