Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's (about) the freaking weekend

Soooo I had planned to post this Sunday, but as per my usual, my plans went awry. But for good reason! I was too busy having a life that I didn't have the time to write about my life! It's such a hard knock life for me... (not).

Well Friday was a test day. And a ginormous one at that. We had testing for most of the day (10:30-11:45 am and then again 1-3:30 pm). You say, "Oh that's under 4 hours, no biggie!", but in reality trying to keep your game face (more like "game brain") on for that many hours, especially if they throw a break in there, is really hard! Well anyway, it was our first neuro test. I think it went alright. We shall see later though...

Friday night was med prom (they named it Hippocratic Hustle this year). It was a grand ole time! Headed to dinner with some fellow M1s and then danced the night away with like 100 of my closest med school friends and their significant others/dates.

Syd!
Miss Megan!

Our dinner group! Plus some photo bombs by the lovely M2s

Saturday was spent at the jail and youth detention facility. Oh and a VERY long nap to catch up on my pre-test week lack of sleep. I also got to catch up with my lovely friend Lizzie and her mom, Mary. Bonus: I got to try a new restaurant too!

No worries, I promptly went into a sugar coma after lunch.
Creme brûlée and baked apple crepes. 
hot chocolate
On Sunday, my mom came up for a quick visit--lunch and the MasterSinger's Broadway concert (Bravo MasterSingers, bravo!). We headed to the tried and true, Wheatfields so I could stuff my face with some crepes. Later that evening, I headed to sushi with Miss Emily and Mama T (I think this weekend was the weekend of Moms!). Always a joy to be around those two as well.

Amidst all of that, I got some work done and some room cleaning too--although, proof of that is going to be hard to come by...it still looks like a tornado tore through there! Now back to work...I have a busy week of poster-finishing and general catching up on real life things to do! I suppose I'll do some studying in there too.. Hope all is well!

WAIT! How could I forget?! I'm doing the Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis Walk in June. Let me know if you want a t-shirt ($10-15ish) or want to join the team. The t-shirts are pictured below.


Front
Back

No comments:

Post a Comment