Friday, August 9, 2013

happiness

So I've started getting nervous to start school again...not as nervous as I was last summer, but I s'pose I do have the advantage of knowing exactly what to expect. But alas, I'm still nervous. So I started making a list of things that I love and/or that make me happy to help calm me down. And I had so many things that I decided the list should be of 100 things that make me happy. And now, I'm less anxious because I've remember all of the awesome things about my life!



  • the smell of fresh laundry
  • finding beauty in the mundane
  • ice cream
  • books that transport me to another dimension 
  • Dally's Deli
  • baking
  • dessert
  • movies/tv shows/books with strong female leads
  • laughing until I cry
  • artwork by my friends...that's you Laura, Beau, Erin, Michael, Atma, and Megan
  • shoes
  • pedicures
  • the eerie stillness and silence after a big snow
  • walking on First Court lawn in Jesus College, Cambridge, UK (yeah, I'm a  rule breaker!)
  • the Birds of Paradise flower
    Birds of Paradise
  • grace.
  • sushi
  • ἀγάπη (or in English: agape)
  • caprese salad
  • people with Autism Spectrum Disorders
  • a cup of tea (with cream and sugar, of course! I lived in the UK and Canada after all...)
  • hair bows
  • wearing dresses
  • volunteering
  • photography
  • coloring in coloring books
  • Ellen Degeneres
  • leggings as pants
  • Disney movies
  • meals with friends
  • sapphires
  • Missy Bear
  • scallops
  • musical theatre
  • the lack of a filter that children have...hilarious!
  • Things That Matter and Things That Matter Land
  • glitter
  • my godkiddos
  • Church Health Center
  • lemonade
  • HIV/AIDS prevention education
  • music
  • hot showers
  • nannying
  • NPR
  • leg warmers
  • scarves
  • office supplies
  • Fisher Fountain
  • Taize
  • sending and receiving postcards
  • BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
  • hot towels from the dryer
  • Memphis
  • bear hugs
  • meditation and silence
  • sticky notes
  • Diamond Candles
  • the British English spelling of words
  • roller coasters
  • hot chocolate and s'mores around a bonfire
  • rum punch or rum & pineapple
  • open communion
  • getting my teeth cleaned
  • gummy worms
  • wearing costumes
  • stretching
  • iced chai
  • children's laughter
  • Nebraska sunsets
  • oversized sweatshirts
  • the zoo!
  • freshly baked bread
  • curling up with a book/movie & popcorn when it's rainy outside
  • the crunch of dead leaves in the fall
  • outdoor concerts and plays
  • Muddy's Bake Shop
  • silver
  • red hair
  • fresh fruit smoothies
  • thunderstorms
  • studying the brain
  • white peaches and nectarines
  • making lists
  • Back Alley Bakery
  • jewel-tone colors
  • dancing!
  • fresh baguettes and pan au chocolat in France
  • talking with elderly persons about life
  • things that are color coded
  • spontaneous dance parties
  • traveling alone to new cities
  • beautiful smiles
  • Kahlúa and cream
  • carrot cake
  • blowing bubbles
  • traveling to new places
  • stained glass 
  • long conversations with good friends
  • Annabelle


I know that I am blessed beyond imagination! What did I miss? What's on your top 100 list? 





**the photos are taken from Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment