Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Less than 24 hours until sushi...!

My life revolves around exams.

It has for so many years. We have become a "teach to the test" kind of society--as a side note, I really hate the "No Child Left Behind" type of teaching style. "I have (blank) number of days until this huge exam and this is how I'm going to spend my time to prepare for it." Exams simply are no fun. 

But now, my life revolves around exams because it means that my friends and I are going to sushi! I really love the few hours we spend together on the night before the exam. It's time to decompress and not worry about school or studying. Some of my favorite moments of this past year are from those sushi dinners. 

In other news, Spring Break begins on Friday afternoon. Oh and this blog was featured on my favorite podcast, Things That Matter, in Lisa's God sighting. I haven't had much (or any) time to listen to the show this year because of school, but I do have all of the episodes downloaded on my phone and plan to listen to them on my next drive back to Hastings so I can catch up. I've actually been invited back to Things That Matter Land as a guest, so I'm thinking of starting a competition with Erin (Coleman) Branchaud to become the "Most Interesting Woman Alive." I'm currently 3 episodes behind her, so I have plenty of catch-up yet to do. 

Finally, this skit from SNL last weekend just makes me laugh. Nothing funnier than JT dancing in a tofu costume. 


No comments:

Post a Comment