Monday, February 11, 2013

Awesome news!

Okay, I have some great news y'all. This evening I tested 6 people for HIV. In all my years as an HIV/AIDS Prevention Peer Educator, I haven't actually tested anyone.

Until now!

Over the next few weeks I will actually be testing several more as part of a research study through UNMC's Public Health school in conjunction with the Douglas County Department of Corrections. As I've said previously in a blog post, Douglas County has staggeringly high rates of STD infection in comparison to the state and national averages. The number of participants for the study is pretty low, but it's at least a start!

It was great to get back into the prevention education sphere, even if for a short time! I'm looking forward to the next 3 weeks while I get to keep testing and educating!

No comments:

Post a Comment