Friday, May 17, 2013

Do you need new shoes?

It's the middle of May and I've only written one blog post for the month. I really am slacking on this thing. Sorry about that. Even though I'm not in school (and neither are my friends...yay summer break!) I have been keeping extremely busy lately.

I've started collecting data for the second research study I'm working on. This study is a longitudinal study about Parkinson's disease and how a person's emotional well-being affects the progression of the disease. The third study will likely start data collection next week. It's about whether or not the dizzy clinic survey that the office is using is an effective tool to screen for patients who could benefit from further testing for balance issues (whether they are muscular, neurologic, inner ear, etc).

Getting things in order for data collection has been hectic and a bit stressful, but also really fun. I'm definitely enjoying seeing patients and talking with them though!

Outside of work/research, I've been keeping busy now that my friends are out of classes for the summer. We've gone to the zoo, had some BBQs and recently toured the Lauritzen Gardens to see the traveling Lego exhibit. Below are just a few pictures of the adventures.

I was struggling to get on the gorilla.
My poor legs weren't long enough!

He was trying to impress me. 

Baby African lion cubs!

Sharks!
Gooooo Dad

Lego hummingbird and flower.

Lego frog and lily pad
real tulips!

Lego rose

I'm really thankful for the beautiful weather that we've been experiencing! I'm hopeful that July and August won't me too miserable on the humidity front (wishful thinking, at best). 

I was lucky enough to see one of my favorite (not so little anymore) little girls in her dance recital last weekend. Miss Sophia has truly become a gorgeous little ballerina. I'm looking forward to causing shenanigans with Miss Sophia and Miss Olivia this weekend when we get to hang out again (no parents allowed!). I can't even imagine what adventures we will have (although I'm hoping for some running through sprinklers and a dance party)!!

Oh and an update from the last post...the 140th anniversary celebration last Sunday at First Lutheran Church, ELCA here in Omaha was awesome! Our small, but mighty choir produced some incredibly beautiful sounds! I'm so happy I was able to be part of it. 

That's probably enough of a random update. I'm hoping to get something more of a medicine-related post up sometime this week. Until then, I bid you g'day!


I'll leave you with this gem. It describes my life to a "t".

No comments:

Post a Comment